1997-11-15 - Re: Tim May’s offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 40b5417491805537dfc1767df94030f7cf01fdd017ef9cd64c87fae6b42eacd2
Message ID: <v03102818b092c617ccff@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199711150345.EAA06240@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-15 05:05:41 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 13:05:41 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 13:05:41 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

At 8:45 PM -0700 11/14/97, Anonymous wrote:
>Joichi Ito, <jito@eccosys.com>, writes:
>> And not all Japanese are racist pigs. And before you flank me,
>> I take back my previous remark where I insinuated that Americans
>> were racist. Not all Americans are racists. Just the stupid ones are.
>
>This is not true.  Tim May is not stupid.  He is insensitive and bigoted,
>violent and dangerous.
>
>He is certainly a racist, and believes in the superiority of the white race.
>
>But he is not stupid.

Interestingly, I don't even believe there is such a thing as "the white
race." The 19th century classification of homo sapiens into Negroid,
Caucasoid, and Mongoloid, the putative "three races," is without merit.

Based on certain external characteristics, there are at least a dozen
"races." And the concept is largely meaningless. Italians are as "far" from
Swedes as, say, Thais are from Han Chinese. The point being....

The point being  I don't care what race a person is officially classed as
(and yet I had to racially classify job applicants when I was at Intel,
courtesy of the EEOC rules on quotas).

I call a spade a spade.

--Tim May