1997-11-10 - New WorldCom Order

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5f5463fba14d714fe4b8a506521faa8362beec40271a0d0a8a2b21b735592884
Message ID: <346760D2.6352@dev.null>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 03:45:03 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 03:45:03 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: New WorldCom Order

http://www.msnbc.com/news/122668.asp

Re: WorldCom-MCI Merger

Internet access rates? It might raise them.
Indirectly, it could increase the cost of doing business for
Internet Access Providers, or ISPs. WorldCom would now own a
large part of the Internet backbone. All ISPs pay fees to
connect to the backbone. Sprint would be rates for ISPs,
which would be passed along to Internet consumers.

Sidenote: To those kind and not-so-kind souls who took the time
  to inform me that my WorldCom prediction was ludicrous, because
  of the fact that MCI already had a done-deal in the bag with
  British TeleCom...
  Tthhhppptttoooee!

TthhhppptttoooeeMonger

Thread