1997-11-05 - Re: Why porn must be stopped at all costs, by Jodi Hoffman (fwd)

Header Data

From: Brandon Crosby <bcrosby@mncs.k12.mn.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 95895e920a2194bb51c81712fead8854efd1626cf5c6c2c654f2057cf20640f3
Message ID: <199711051559.JAA29516@ted.mncs.k12.mn.us>
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 00:12:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Brandon Crosby <bcrosby@mncs.k12.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 00:12:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Why porn must be stopped at all costs, by Jodi Hoffman (fwd)

> > Someone on this list, I forget who, has made numerous attempts at
> > convincing us that pornography 'does no harm' to children.  It is
> > exactly at this point that I must draw a line. Studies have shown that
> > an event which lasts even so much as three-tenths of a second, within
> > five to ten minutes has produced a structural change in the brain.
> > Exposure to porn causes actual brain damage, especially in a child.
>
> let me guess . . . scientology? it sounds to me as if you just despise
> porn so much that you're seeing red, and hence . . . not seeing the
> facts straight (or believing whatever you [want to] hear).

Take a young child to the mall. He or she sits on santa's lap.

Does the brain change at this point? The simple fact that the brain has
been altered in some way only proves that the child is concious.

-Brandon Crosby

Thread