1997-11-23 - Re: Anti-Grav?

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@primenet.com>
Message Hash: a979e8cb053c2ec48f7a0714966bdd0c69b60d62c910d4a6f08da5cdd00d232d
Message ID: <3477FEDA.59AF@dev.null>
Reply To: <19971123.080313.attila@hun.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-23 10:16:59 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:16:59 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:16:59 +0800
To: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Anti-Grav?

Attila T. Hun wrote:
>     Tim May <tcmay@got.net> was purported to have expostulated
>     to perpetuate an opinion (but we _know_ how he lies):
>
> >Wake me up if it's actually confirmed. But don't wake me up just to tell me the
> >claims have been withdrawn.
>

>     there was an article
>     recently in the American Physics Society rag. anything goes at
>     absolute temperature including the proof of the einstein-bose
>     predictions where molecules literally overlap.
>
>     there are at least 300 projects on cold fusion running... and one
>     plausible explanation which I am aware of.  also, look at the other
>     end --politics continues the Princeton ring, while the LLL Shiva
>     project has not been metioned for several years.  go figure.

  I am tired of the constant, snide implications on the CypherPunks
list that the government might be holding something back from the
American citizens.
  Just because the announcement of startling new breakthroughs in
such things as 'cold fusion' and the like quickly turn into 'cold
silence' and denials is no reason to think that those in power
are using the latest developments in technology to increase their
hold on society, instead of using it for the benefit of all of
mankind (and the 'broads', too).

  Some asshole on the list (it might have been me, before my 90 days
in solitary confinement in a cell next to Jim Bell) even went so
far as to suggest that if the secret government laboratories were
releasing details of a new radar that could track movements of
people through stone walls, etc., that they might have even more
startling technology at their fingertips.
  What a crock! To suggest that people who are willing to sacrifice
their own integrity and moral values in order to assassinate others
for our benefit would then turn around and subject their own
citizens to the same self-serving, arbitrary atrocities is nothing
more than the ranting of anarchistic lunatics.
[LUNATICS! DON'T _USE_ THAT WORD! I DON'T _LIKE_ THAT WORD! IT MAKES
 ME WANT TO.....AAARRRGGGHHHHH!]

  Thank you, I'm feeling much better, now...

TruthMonger

Thread