1997-11-27 - Re: Moderated vs. Unmoderated Lists

Header Data

From: CypherPunks Press <cp@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: aa6339275035d795d42060f6355690d711f4104b5cf0852e5efe5d7dab0d705c
Message ID: <347D5F77.5428@dev.null>
Reply To: <199711270525.GAA01200@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-27 12:16:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 20:16:02 +0800

Raw message

From: CypherPunks Press <cp@dev.null>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 20:16:02 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Moderated vs. Unmoderated Lists

Anonymous wrote:

> The issue is not moderation.  It is whether this list has a focus, a
> central set of ideas, a reason for existence.  If we're just going to
> talk about whatever anyone finds interesting, there is nothing to stop
> the list from drifting away from its goals.

  Or from moving toward its ghouls!

> There is little discussion about cryptography any more.

  OK, which one of you is the wise-guy who told Anonymous that he or
she can't send posts about cryptography to the list?

  Anonymous (if that is your *real* name...), many of us on the list
have been anxiously awaiting a Savior to arrive on the list and begin
discussing cryptography.
  We were hoping maybe it was you, but it looks like we were wrong
again.

StillWaitingMonger

Thread