1997-11-19 - Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

Header Data

From: Brian the Obscure <briandaniels@mindspring.com>
To: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
Message Hash: abbe81e10eaac0860ba84947303a0702ac1683fb65645ca68ecf617f38e7523a
Message ID: <3.0.3.32.19971119124900.007463b0@pop.mindspring.com>
Reply To: <3.0.3.32.19971119105751.006dedc8@pop.mindspring.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-19 18:07:12 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 02:07:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Brian the Obscure <briandaniels@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 02:07:12 +0800
To: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Subject: Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

At 10:46 AM 11/19/97 -0600, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>In <3.0.3.32.19971119105751.006dedc8@pop.mindspring.com>, on 11/19/97
>   at 10:57 AM, Brian the Obscure <briandaniels@mindspring.com> said:
>
>>At 08:12 PM 11/18/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>>>Ironically, the authorities are refusing to enforce the immigration laws.
>>>This is why the militias here in California have been forced to deal with
>>>illegal immigrants in the only way left to them. (There's a hunt in
>>>Imperial Valley this coming Saturday.)
>>>
>>>--Tim May
>
>>Now that's a tasteful bit of humor, if I do say so myself.
>
>>It's so nice to know that being lucky enough to be born in the U.S.
>>authorizes us to look down on and hey, advocate killing those who aren't
>>so fortunate.
>
><sigh> I can hear the violins playing in the background.

Hey, it beats the stomping of jackboots and shouts of 'Sig Heil!'

>This is no different than shooting a burglar that has broken into your
>house and is robbing it. I think that you are missing a basic concept that
>it is not their country!! If where they are at is such a miserable
>shithole then maybe they should do somthing to fix their country rather
>than comming here and attempt to make it yet another miserable shithole.

Of course, you have an unimpeachable claim, although 'Geiger the III' is a
rather odd last name for an American Indian.

>It is not the fault of America that Mexico is the shithole that it is.
>Perhaps if they were to overthrow their corrupt government and replaced it
>with one based on freedom (both political and economic) there would be no
>need for them to come here in the first place. California, New Mexico,
>Arizona, and Texas should not be the release valve for a corrupt Mexican
>government so they can continue to rape their country and leave their
>citizens in poverty.

Lets see.  Are you aware of how Texas, California, and New Mexico came to
be part of the US?  Probably doesn't matter - those dang furriners had no
right to the lands they lived on anyway, once the U.S. decided it wanted them.

I don't find it at all surprising that people who live in a 'shithole' want
to leave.  It is easy for you to suggest that they overthrow their
government - after all, you won't be the one facing a Mexican prison.

This is going way off topic at this point, and I am at fault for starting
it.  I was just distressed at how rapidly this list seems to be turning
towards hate and bigotry.  Lets take it to email.

--Brian

Brian Daniels               | Gremlins squashed, bit-buckets emptied,
briandaniels@mindspring.com | webs woven&patched, cables untangled,
                            | users placated (extra fee), demons
                            | invoked&dispelled, hacks while you wait!
		http://www.mindspring.com/~briandaniels

Thread