1997-11-22 - Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cryptography@c2.net
Message Hash: adec56ae123b1838810f203814584c9322d83d5856d424ba913301a6856d0738
Message ID: <v04002704b09b99c65b9c@[139.167.130.248]>
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:52:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:52:10 +0800
To: cryptography@c2.net
Subject: Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?

--- begin forwarded text

Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:39:58 -0800
Sender: Law & Policy of Computer Communications
              <CYBERIA-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
From: david friedman <ddfr@BEST.COM>
To: CYBERIA-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM

I am getting ready to teach my seminar on Computers, Crime and Privacy
again, and wondering if there is something new that I should substitute for
_Building in Big Brother_. Are there any recent books that have a
reasonably accessible treatment of encryption, the controversy over
regulation, etc.? For that matter, are there any good recent books on
computer crime?

I may end up simply substituting in a lot of URL's, but I thought it was
probably worth including some old technology as well, if available.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University
ddfr@best.com
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/
Ask me about FC98 in Anguilla!: <http://www.fc98.ai/>

Thread