1997-11-18 - Re: Tim May’s offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@REPLAY.COM>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: b8af7f27ae9ca7a64341aa5cd9a4c1ae14d61772330999b5f1377995f3307703
Message ID: <199711181035.LAA05189@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:57:53 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@REPLAY.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:57:53 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

William H. Geiger III, <whgiii@invweb.net>, writes:

>Exactly how do you equate everything negative that is said against Japan
>as to being racist? I guess if I had said it about Germany then it would
>have been ok?? I bet you are one of those skirt wearing liberals that shed
>tears over nuking Japan as being evil but have no problems with the
>firebombing of Dresdin.

So you are proud of your statement about Japan?  You believe that
President Truman should have dropped additional atomic bombs (if he had
them) on Japan, even _after_ they surrendered?  This would have been in
contravention of every shred of decency and honor.  Such a bloodthirsty
act of revenge would have branded the U.S. as hopelessly barbaric, savage
and inhuman.

Your comments do fit in well with the current tenor of the cypherpunks
list, though.  Barbaric, savage, indecent, dishonorable.  These are the
new codewords of the cypherpunks movement.  The uglier it gets, the more
they like it here.  You do indeed fit right in.

Thread