1997-11-23 - Re: Will Jews be Forced to Accept Christ in Public Schools?

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ba9c01d318309f086761407cb299d3357f23a5064afe5e59078c6b7ffd7a7ab8
Message ID: <FJ1Lge13w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.971123135313.334F-100000@shirley>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-23 08:36:16 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:36:16 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:36:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Will Jews be Forced to Accept Christ in Public Schools?

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au> writes:

> > but say that the
> > state should get entirely out of things like education and charity
> > (welfare and healthcare) because it is none of the state's business - the
> > churches (and other voluntary organizations) are responsible for these
> > functions.
>
> I would have to dissagry with you.  If the state has any business, it is
> to provide services that the comminaty as a whole needs or services where
> the market will not provide.  While churches (and other voluntary
> organizations) have there place I do not beleave that it is a universal
> solition.
>
> Indeed I have worries about contribution money to an orginisation that I
> have little ablity to control via my influence as a voter.

Your influence as a voter?  Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!1!!!

When you contribute voluntarily, you can choose to contribute elsewhere
if you think your contributions are misused (like I use my charitable
deduction to the max, but I don't give to the united way and urge
others not to :-). You don't have a choice about paying taxes to
pay for the horrible public schools / socialized medicine and your
influence as a voter ain't worth shit.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM