1997-11-14 - Re: Key Signing

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e72d73ba3468773c6bfab4ae03e978f86660b9b3d3010f3bc749cab69980d257
Message ID: <199711141254.NAA17633@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:08:48 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:08:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Key Signing

Bill Stewart wrote:

> I'm not sure how comfortable I am signing a key which has the
> private keys made public - so I signed it, and revoked it,
> and you're welcome to the signed revocation certificate :-)

BTW, I was farting around and discovered that I could change the
password on a revoked secret key. This means that someone can crack
the password on your revoked secret key if they have access to it.
This would make your new key vulnerable if you used the same password.

I suppose this qualifies as PGP trivia, but if it saves the life of
just one fascist dicator...

!Knott (Who's dare?)

Thread