1997-11-19 - Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: “Colin A. Reed” <declan@well.com>
Message Hash: f831c4447209d84bb021679e2e04262f12daaa9c0f7fa781501b1e972eeb8c15
Message ID: <v0310280eb0981fb7af46@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03102807b098087b39e3@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-19 06:05:15 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:05:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:05:15 +0800
To: "Colin A. Reed" <declan@well.com>
Subject: Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

At 10:17 PM -0700 11/18/97, Colin A. Reed wrote:

>I think the most important constitutional protection is that of
>due-process.  Thus we need to have a court proceeding to determine that
>they really are in the US without a valid visa before we can bus them out.

It's called a "Green Card," popularly.

(Remember those, "Aliens, remember that you must report to the Alien
Landing Terminal every January.")

No court proceeding is needed to deport illegal aliens, save for a
perfunctory classification hearing to determine whether or not they have a
Green Card.

I hope you were not suggesting a long drawn-out court case, with lawyers
paid for by the taxpayers, to decide that which is patently obvious?

--Tim May