1997-12-22 - Re: Get your Anthrax shots OR Jim Bell hits Sweden

Header Data

From: Asgaard <asgaard@cor.sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 1124a16f0c2470edb118f5b0a204304c84bfeec5a8ba74551b45660f63cfc0e4
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.971222145409.19316A-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <v03102800b0c3c75ed9d7@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-22 14:40:06 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 22:40:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Asgaard <asgaard@cor.sos.sll.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 22:40:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Get your Anthrax shots OR Jim Bell hits Sweden

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Tim May wrote:

>Seriously, I'd guess that anyone showing up a doctor's office asking
>for an Anthrax series is pretty much guaranteeing they'll be reported
>to the Security Services.

And unfortunately the long immunization period makes it
impossible to be ready when they let out Jim Bell very soon.

The Dec 21 issue of Dagens nyheter, Sweden's number
one morning paper, has a piece (in the science section)
on terrorism with biological weapons, how easy it is
to grow Anthrax, Irak, the Japaneese sect, all the
usual stuff. Two (2) biological terrorists are named
in this globally surveying research article:

1) Larry Wayne Harris, allegedly a microbiologist in
Ohio who was sentenced for the posession of 'three bottles'
of bubonic plague bacteria in 1995. Harris, said the article,
had been engaged in the rasist organization Aryan Nation.

2) Our own stinkbombing, taxavoiding, SSN-forging Jim Bell:

(translated)

Last april, after several years of inquiries, the American
police arrested the chemist James Dalton Bell, who has an
education from the ruputable Massachusets Institute of
Technology. Bell had several containers with poisonous
chemicals in his garage. Right-wing extremist litterature
and bomb-making manuals were found in his car. When
interrogated, his acquaintances told that Bell had been
trying to manufactor botulinum toxin from green beens.

It's interesting to see the story grow when journalists
quote from each other's sensationalist reports. Next time
they need a face for a story on nuclear terrorism, I guess
other devices might pop up retrospectively in Jim's garage.
Perhaps he even had a suitcase there.

Asgaard

Thread