1997-12-13 - Where is the c-p traffic?

Header Data

From: bureau42 Anonymous Remailer <nobody@bureau42.ml.org>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 271ceeb3b5e46680fe55b08be8ec9310351af2141acf291ccb83d21f31ef3204
Message ID: <RDvqcZVpjaFFBY1SSH4gwA==@bureau42.ml.org>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:30:23 +0800

Raw message

From: bureau42 Anonymous Remailer <nobody@bureau42.ml.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:30:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Where is the c-p traffic?

Am I the only one to notice that traffic has dropped from about 100
messages/day to only a few?  Does anyone know what is broken?
Does anyone care?  Is the whole c-p list a giant MITM being run
against a very few of us who are the only human participants?

Oh dear!  I just realized that c-p _could_ be subject to an interesting
MITM attack:  By subtlely modifiying the text of c-p messages arriving
at certain key recipients, the bad guys could then correlate the quoted
text in resulting anonymous replies to the list with individuals, and
could probably also shave a layer or two off the remailer chains
through which those messages were sent.  The determination of
individual's usage patterns of remailers would also benefit from this,
and the info would go into a growing database which could then be used
at some point down the road to nail key people and remove them as
irritants and agitators.

Isn't it odd that many key contributors to the list coincidentally
live near nondescript neighborhood houses that bristle with
antennae and are regularly visited by black helicopters and large
unmarked vans?  No, I didn't think so either.  That's probably an
unrelated operation.

TrafficMongerII

Thread