1997-12-14 - Re: Smartcard update

Header Data

From: Alan <alan@clueserver.org>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
Message Hash: 32725e282e5b085ff995f6ff8ca8332e9c76c54dd1a06710317e6edc8a05e13c
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.971213171014.31808B-100000@www.ctrl-alt-del.com>
Reply To: <Pine.BSF.3.96.971213100418.26349A-100000@pakastelohi.cypherpunks.to>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-14 00:15:52 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 08:15:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan <alan@clueserver.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 08:15:52 +0800
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
Subject: Re: Smartcard update

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Lucky Green wrote:

> Cypherpunks Tonga announces yet another version of SIO/STEST, the
> universal smartcard software.
>
> Quick summary of changes:
>  - Philips, Gemplus, and Schlumberger reader support added
>  - Chipknip (IEP) specific commands added
>  - new internal commands
>  - infrastructure for implementing card specific commands has been added
>    (which the chipknip commands are built on top of)
>
> At this point, we need others to start writing tables to support
> additional cards. If you have an ISO7816 compatible smartcard with
> programmer reference manual and minimal C knowledge, you can contribute to
> the project.

What kind of cash outlay would I be looking at for doing smartcard
development?  What do the needed parts run?  Any recomendations on
suppliers?  Places to avoid?

>    "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"

Don't they make toy trucks? ]:>

alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.

Thread