1997-12-14 - Re: Where is the c-p traffic?

Header Data

From: bureau42 Anonymous Remailer <nobody@bureau42.ml.org>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 344d46586d0525fb760f6a1453f5e6f40eab787f59d0567afe32a113a17c6117
Message ID: <cBfkhmYH+CSJbVXdLlG3cA==@bureau42.ml.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:44:13 +0800

Raw message

From: bureau42 Anonymous Remailer <nobody@bureau42.ml.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:44:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Where is the c-p traffic?

On 12 Dec 97 at 22:48, Jim Choate wrote:

> > Am I the only one to notice that traffic has dropped from about 100
> > messages/day to only a few?

> You are getting *lots* of bounces if you were getting anything
> like 100 messages per day.

You're right. My number was high. On actual count, heavy days
ran to 40-70 while light days varied all over the lower
landscape. Pardon me all to hell for being EIGHTEEN BILLION
ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE OFF, putz. Is 70 "anything like 100?" Or
is it that _you_ have been missing the majority of list
traffic and think c-p is a low-volume list, hmmm? Wouldn't
that be choice?

I suppose the other mail in my twice-daily 50-or-so
message downloads _could_ have been the replies from
heads of state and other annoyance mail I get. With
so many filters for spam and high list noise it's
difficult to keep track, but I'm accustomed to seeing
more than 10 messages a day from this list. Seeing the
c-p traffic drop to 10-15 messages per day for a few
days caused me to suspect something might have been
wrong.

Nothing ever goes wrong, though, does it? Silly me!

> >  Does anyone know what is broken?
>
> At this point either your arithmetic or your memory. Either
> way, it sounds like a personal problem.

You're _so_ helpful! Courteous, too! I'll bet you have a
lot of really good, close friends -- you know, the kind
who wouldn't tell you if your hair is on fire.

> > Does anyone care?  Is the whole c-p list a giant MITM being run
> > against a very few of us who are the only human participants?
>
> Damn, found out.

Yeah, yeah. Your punishment in the afterlife will be to discover
that this whole universe was really just a simulation to provide
window dressing around the amusing Jim Choate personality module
and to endure an eternity of junior high school students playing
your own most embarrassing moments back into your trapped
consciousness and watching the Squirm-o-Meter peg. Those private
bathroom moments will no doubt win a lot of laughs. _I_ can be
nasty when it's called for, but you're just plain ol' bitter.

> > Isn't it odd that many key contributors to the list coincidentally
> > live near nondescript neighborhood houses that bristle with
> > antennae and are regularly visited by black helicopters and large
> > unmarked vans?  No, I didn't think so either.  That's probably an
> > unrelated operation.

> Just exactly what kind of drugs are you taking? There is a
> house rule you *must* bring enough for everyone.

Yours have apparently accomplished a chemical humorectomy.
That whooshing sound you hear is the humor flying like a
U-2 over your head. Twisted humor, to be sure, but humor.
In any case the house rule doesn't benefit you. Your severe
swings preclude further ad hoc medication.

> No helicopters, vans, jack-booted thugs, or anything else
> around here dude.

Get a grip! I'll bet you thought MIB was a pseudo documentary
produced by the UFO crowd, huh?

> Don't know about an opinion, a paranoia induced
> hallucination for sure.

one lets the blue smoke leak out just to piss you off. You
know about the blue smoke, don't you? It's the essential
ingredient that they seal into all electronic gadgets at
the factory. If it ever leaks out, the gadget stops working.

BlueSmokeMongerII

Thread