1997-12-25 - Re: Best Cypherpunk War Text

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: anon@squirrel.owl.de (Secret Squirrel)
Message Hash: 5c7a12faeec0cac4f7a8e962ed4ddc6e6151ee579c2a00db64787c1bba55000a
Message ID: <199712252326.RAA08704@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <c0dc96eba3e95dba5188f69e01209759@squirrel>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-25 23:34:42 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 07:34:42 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 07:34:42 +0800
To: anon@squirrel.owl.de (Secret Squirrel)
Subject: Re: Best Cypherpunk War Text

Secret Squirrel wrote:
> >><A HREF=http://www.atsc-army.org/atdls.html> Army Manuals</A>
> >>
> >>go to field manuals
> >>
> >>you can find all you want and more
> >>
> >>igor
> >
> >They've restricted it and want full names, addresses, military unit, SSNs,
> >phone numbers, etc. Anyone have a mirror of it somewhere?

Well, the documents that the original poster requested -- survival, MOUT
(military ops on urbanized terrain), and much more -- are not restricted.
Some make great reading and are, to my big surprise, very well written.

The manual that I recommend to cypherpunks is FM 21-20, Physical
Fitness.

According to my spot check, most of the restricted manuals are not
actually of interest to most readers. They probably want to keep the
Russian spies out of knowing some gory technical details. The stuff
that is more exciting, like FM 5-250, Explosives and Demolitions, can
be found elsewhere.

> Baaaaaaaah humbug. Let me rephrase that:
>
> They've restricted some of them and want full names, addresses, military
> unit, SSNs, phone numbers, etc. Does anybody have a mirror of *those*
> specific documents somewhere?

They may be sold on CD-ROMs. Look at misc.survivalism for more details,
they sell them for $24 but I am not sure what's on them.

	- Igor.

Thread