1997-12-06 - Re: Hate speech in Germany…

Header Data

From: Mikhael Frieden <mikhaelf@mindspring.com>
To: Peter Herngaard <lizard@dnai.com>
Message Hash: 63a90982182f1ff93f0a9c64242d274796c50a21379bbd2ec70e0806bb11a5fe
Message ID: <3.0.16.19971206005257.0c1feac8@pop.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 14:07:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Mikhael Frieden <mikhaelf@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 14:07:38 +0800
To: Peter Herngaard <lizard@dnai.com>
Subject: Re: Hate speech in Germany...

At 03:37 AM 12/6/97 +0100, Peter Herngaard wrote:

>However, also the traditional right-wing "liberals"
>and "conservatives"
>endorse strict censorship of hate speech.

        You might ask yourself of their genesis.

>The reason why I do not support any anti-racst organization, except
>Nizkor, is that most such "human rights" advocacy groups in Europe are in
>favour of censorship.

        Nizkor is the worst of them all. They even misrepresent physical
laws.

>The United Nations is a threat to freedom of speech in particular in Europe
>where we have no gaurantee of freedom of speech with similar strength as
>that the First Amendment provides.

        You folks should get yourselves a 2nd amendment first.

>It was shocking to observe that states such as China, Nigeria, Pakistan
>can influence freedom of speech
>from within the U.N. under
>cover of "elimination of all forms of racial discrimination."

        Passing a law in a good cause only invites people to find ways to
use it to their own ends as in Canada against Zundel.

-=-=-
The 2nd guarantees all the rest.

Thread