1997-12-06 - Re: Singapore

Header Data

From: “Phillip M. Hallam-Baker” <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
To: <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Message Hash: 6db6c1fcc17e3b87d583b6c9e9201bfd45f626839175da267bd4137cdd833ed2
Message ID: <01bd026d$85c8c4a0$06060606@russell>
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 01:52:50 +0800

Raw message

From: "Phillip M. Hallam-Baker" <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 01:52:50 +0800
To: <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Singapore

>  Hallam-Baker obviously thinks that he can thwart my insightful,
>barbed diatribes against him by posting empty messages to the
>CypherPunks list,

No, I was merely speechless.

If you think that Singapore is a Libertarian paradise then
you are not a Libertarian. I don't doubt that Duncan is
capable of being an appologist for the Signapore regime
just as there were a lot of 'Communists' who used to fawn
over Stalin.

The fact is that Singapore taps every telephone call, monitors
every public place and performs traffic analysis to identify
dissident communities. The fear of being identified in such
a community is a major means of suppressing dissent.

Duncan and Declan are merely indulging in a very popular
passtime of idealogues, fawning over benevolent dictatorships.

            Phill

Thread