1997-12-09 - Re: Remailer Trivia / Re: Singapore & Freedom (fwd)

Header Data

From: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
To: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Message Hash: 83239ceecb063ab885188697f184e94017d2978e613375764d6eaa65e0240769
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.95.971209153716.1594A-100000@netcom3>
Reply To: <199712090021.SAA02221@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-09 15:47:28 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 23:47:28 +0800

Raw message

From: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 23:47:28 +0800
To: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Subject: Re: Remailer Trivia / Re: Singapore & Freedom (fwd)

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Jim Choate wrote:

> analogous situation you would need to use a *listed* phone number registered
> to anonymous in such a way that ANI displayed the number but any directory
> search resulted in anonymous w/ no address or other tracing info even for
> the phone company. To the best of my knowledge no phone company anywhere

	Usually known as "Secure Phone Service."   << Which is also the
	name of one or two other services that local telco's offer. >>

	Where the phone company has an address to send the bill to, but
	has no idea where the phone is physically located.

	Most of the secure phones I'm aware of have unlisted numbers.
	But that isn't a requirement.

	The specific name of this service does change according to who
	is providing the phone service.  My guess is that less than 1%
	of the sales reps at the telco that has installed the most of
	them, has no idea what that service involves --- and will deny
	that such a service is even offered by them.

Thread