1997-12-22 - Re: Hate speech and censorship

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 876d16ab7b422b5d24f224eae59dddc502badffce5f4cf58a4d083f6479f096e
Message ID: <ysL5He9w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.971222144241.3012A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-22 18:42:11 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 02:42:11 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 02:42:11 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Hate speech and censorship

Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk> writes:

> > Sameer is also notorious for making legal threats against those who questio
> > the security of the crypto software he peddles. The fact that he dispatches
> > his shysters to make threats, instead of even trying to answer our concerns
> > with facts, shows how much he himself believes in his products.
>
> Yes, those on the list a few months ago (around the time the list moved
> from cocksucker John Gilmores toad.com to the distributed list format)
> will remember censorous arab Sameer Parekh for sending abusive mail
> threatening legal action to those who criticised the security of his
> companies "stronghold" firewall, which I among others suspect to contain
> govt. backdoors, uneducated and foolish arabs such as Parekh should stick
> to what they do best: running kebab shops and/or selling cheap fake rolex
> watches to tourists.

Sameer parekh sounds like he lives by the Arab proverb: "Women for sons,
boys for pleasure, but a camel for sheer extasy".

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM