1997-12-13 - Re: Where is the c-p traffic?

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: nobody@bureau42.ml.org (bureau42 Anonymous Remailer)
Message Hash: 9987b2c2dd67bd0b61af6d1c2fd8987c98a6b297a7138fbc6cfa7c40e9a183d0
Message ID: <199712130454.WAA21714@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <RDvqcZVpjaFFBY1SSH4gwA==@bureau42.ml.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-13 04:59:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:59:31 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:59:31 +0800
To: nobody@bureau42.ml.org (bureau42 Anonymous Remailer)
Subject: Re: Where is the c-p traffic?

bureau42 Anonymous Remailer wrote:
> Oh dear!  I just realized that c-p _could_ be subject to an interesting
> MITM attack:  By subtlely modifiying the text of c-p messages arriving
> at certain key recipients, the bad guys could then correlate the quoted
> text in resulting anonymous replies to the list with individuals, and
> could probably also shave a layer or two off the remailer chains
> through which those messages were sent.  The determination of

And you obviously have a way to defend against this attack. Inventing
the way to do it is left as an exercise to the readers.

	- Igor.

Thread