1997-12-28 - Re: cypherpunks missing from Usenet

Header Data

From: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0dd45b49623052d4bf44ab1659b68f146291e76334ffd941baa60603536fb18
Message ID: <199712280053.TAA15731@panix2.panix.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 09:05:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 09:05:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: cypherpunks missing from Usenet

   >   From pooh@efga.org Sat Dec 27 19:07:33 1997
   >
   >   At 03:22 AM 12/27/97 -0500, Information Security wrote:
   >   >What else? What have the U2 Czars controlling CAUCE also done?
   >   >
   >   >Not allowed the admin of a one-way remailer who returned the required
   >   >token for posting to comp.org.cauce to post here; no explanation given
   >   >despite repeated requests.
   >
   >   My understanding was that the Cracker remailer was allowed to post on some
   >   CAUCE moderated thing, presumably the newsgroup.  I seem to recall that the
   >   token was returned and posting capability had been verified.  Has something
   >   changed?  Which remailer was it?

If I was wrong, nobody ever corrected me despite my
posting the complaint repeatedly to comp.org.cauce.

Look up the original posts at DejaNews:

#   Subject:      Re: Has the lcs mixmaster remailer been banned?
#   From:         lcs Remailer Administrator <mix-admin@nym.alias.net>
#   Date:         1997/11/25
#   Newsgroups:   comp.org.cauce
#
#   beigel@rbo.eecs.lehigh.edu (Richard Beigel) writes:
#
#   > You have to reply to the message sent by the modbot.  If you don't,
#   > then your message shouldn't be posted.  I guess you find out how this
#   > works the first time that you post (Ooh! I can hardly wait:-).
#
#   I think you are missing the point.  I replied to the original message.
#   That's how the strange moderation policy thread got started.  The fact
#   that a thread was started proves that I went through the cookie
#   exchange properly.  The problem is that that e-mail address seems to
#   have been subsequently banned with no apparent expanation.  Or, there
#   is some technical problem.
#
#   It's definitely the case that mix@anon.lcs.mit.edu bounces a copy of
#   non mixmaster messages back to the sender in case the sender didn't
#   know it was a remailer and wants to resend the article somewhere else.
#   However, that doesn't mean I can't spool such messages in a mailbox
#   and read them if this is required by the moderation policy.
#
#   I just want to know exactly what the policy is and what I need to do
#   to post from the address mix@anon.lcs.mit.edu.

They never answered. Not him, not me.

Speaking of problems: it's definite: the great attempt to
censor the Internet has begun in England.

Mainly Usenet is under attack: pics of mere nudity are being
deleted without any legal process whatsoever.

See my posts in comp.org.eff.talk ...

I've put two pics of nekked kids up at www.panix.com/~guy
as part of the "discussion".

They (Demon, UUNET, ...) are deleting both pics and
apparently text files too, and reporting them to the
police.

The Thought Police are here.
---guy

Thread