1997-12-04 - Re: [RePol] Denizen

Header Data

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
To: remailer-operators@anon.lcs.mit.edu
Message Hash: b334776cc668fec6224a7b471090cc164df23b0517266d1533280228f06d8d6c
Message ID: <225c8ebafe5f0a6f706013832385db52@anon.efga.org>
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 23:04:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 23:04:11 +0800
To: remailer-operators@anon.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [RePol] Denizen

TruthMonger <tm@dev.null> wrote:

> Ralph Hotmail wrote:
> >
> > In a moment of boredom, I took the opportunity to check into "Denizen".
> > I also read his posts under a number of names to the critical mass
> > mailing list and their replies.
>
> > In saner moments, Beckjord runs the UFO and Bigfoot Museum.
> >
> > This is the person who wants to use BCC from an anonymous remailer  to
> > get his opinion to the subscribers of the Critical Mass list.  The
> > message is simple - if you help him out,you can kiss your remailer
> > goodbye.
>
> Perhaps Ralph could help the anonymous remailer 'cause' by providing
> remailer operators with a list of the 'bad' people who should not
> be allowed to use remailers to promote their 'wrong' views.
> Maybe Mr. Hotmail could also provide a list of 'bad' words and

You're a dangerous person, TruthMonger -- you make people THINK. <g>

It's interesting that he mentioned the "Critical Mass" list, since one
of the arrestees in last summer's Critical Mass civil disobedience blockade
of San Francisco streets was none other than anti-remailer gadfly
Gary L. Burnore of the fabled "DataBasix gang".  I don't know whether he's
a subscriber to that list or not.  But according to Jeff Burchell's account
of last summer's attack on the Huge Cajones Remailer by Burnore et al,
someone from DataBasix did request that posts mentioning DataBasix and/or
Gary Burnore should be blocked by the remailer net.  Chutzpah!

BTW, Burnore just made a post to alt.privacy.anon-server yesterday that looked
like an attempt to suck up to the remailer user community.  Unlike his
recent practice of butting into TECHNICAL threads about the how-to of header
pasting via PI, etc. to accuse the poster of wanting the information in order
to "forge" posts in his name and "UCE bait" him, he actually gave the
appearance of being helpful.  Of course, in threads posted in other NGs, he's
still fuming about "cowards" and "anonymous assholes" who "hide behind the
skirts of a remailer".

He's also indicated that he'll have databasix.com back on-line RSN.  His
hasty move from San Francisco to Raleigh-Durham, NC took DataBasix off
of the air for awhile.  Heads up!