1997-12-10 - Re: Staff changes at the Center for Democracy and Technology

Header Data

From: Nobody <hugecajones@dev.null>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Message Hash: db0b62a81f703429363c38301f3099f3818d8d6c6f4be6c6c80a9d9711e72874
Message ID: <348DFDDC.58A4@dev.null>
Reply To: <v03007810b0b3624e5e6d@[204.254.21.127]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-10 02:13:12 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:13:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Nobody <hugecajones@dev.null>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:13:12 +0800
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject: Re: Staff changes at the Center for Democracy and Technology

Declan McCullagh wrote:
>   JOURNALIST AND AUTHOR GRAEME BROWNING JOINS THE CENTER FOR DEMOCRACY AND
>                    TECHNOLOGY AS COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
>
>            FORMER COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR JONAH SEIGER TO ESTABLISH
> Browning replaces Jonah Seiger, who is leaving to form a
> Washington-based Internet campaign consulting company with Shabbir J.
> Safdar, former director of the Voters Telecommunications Watch, a public
> interest group in New York City.

  Considering the butt-fucking that Seiger has helped CDT give those
they purport to be 'saving' from the goobermint, I imagine that he
will be welcomed with open arms by politicians in need of a thick
layer of bullshit to cover the even worse stink arising from their
true identity.

> Seiger, who has been a key staff member of the Center for Democracy and
> Technology since its founding in late 1994, "played a crucial role in
> developing CDT's pioneering use of the 'Net as a means of grassroots
> organizing and public education," Berman said. "Jonah was instrumental in
> positioning CDT as the leading voice on issues impacting civil liberties on
> the Internet. He has been a tremendous asset for us from the start."

  Many of those who bent over to read the CDT missives felt the "impact"
of Seiger on their civil liberties. "Asset" is an obvious typo, adding
two unneeded letters to the description of Seiger's contribution to
the CDT.

> "I am confident that Jonah and Shabbir will be successful at bringing their
> considerable online organizing skills to a wider audience," Berman added,
> "and CDT looks forward to collaborating with them in their new venture."

  No doubt enough of their 'old' audience are getting wise to them,
so they have to find new rubes to pitch their Democracy Aluminum
Siding to.
  A pox on them and every other DC slimeball using the cover of fighting
for freedom and democracy to feather their own beds at the expense of
those who trust them not to sell out the citizens a compromise at a
time.

FuckCDTMonger

Thread