1997-12-10 - Re: Burnmore & Databasix

Header Data

From: Anonymous <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]>
To: mail2news@basement.replay.com
Message Hash: f831e7a24e376bed81e61a95f0e830c590d2d4c13ec9ecbf98dcc8fce0a5a26a
Message ID: <675e8e0e0ee1e01a82ad614819f690ea@anonymous.poster>
Reply To: <66bh5f$l85$1@sparky.wolfe.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-10 00:19:27 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:19:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:19:27 +0800
To: mail2news@basement.replay.com
Subject: Re: Burnmore & Databasix

A Voice <scorpion@anon.nymserver.com> wrote:

> Gary L. Burnore  wrote :
>
> >The anonasshole is now working on his "way out of this".
> >Expect many more of his posts to contain bits of how more
> >than one person posting anonymously is
> >making the accusations. All is falling down around the anonasshole.
>
> Been lurking and reading this anon vs. Burnmore thing for a while.

He's engaging in wishful thinking.  Fanciful, paranoid theories about his
critics (such as imagining that he only has one <g>) are apparently intended
to divert attention from his own tactics and activities.

> >We'd expect no less.  I do wonder how long it will take before those who
> >believe remailers are a good thing start to realise this asshole has
> >it in for them.  Everything it posts could be used by the anti-remailer
> >front as a reason to shut them all down.

Much of this "anti-remailer front" works for DataBasix.  Notice the classic
disinformation tactics that Gary Burnore is engaging in here.  But notice
that Gary was part of this "anti-remailer front" that used ALLEGED forgeries
and "spam baiting" to get two remailers shut down.  It is interesting that
he now attributes the activities of himself and his associates at
DataBasix with this unnamed "anti-remailer front".

> That, IMO, is what you're up to.  You and the Databasix thugs took a
> couple of re-mailers down.  You staged the whole thing.
>
> It should be clear to any thinking person that this group of thugs have an
> anti-privacy motivation.
>
> Sadly, I also think they do this for shits and giggles.

Gary Burnore, Belinda Bryan <eridani@netcom.com>, William "Wotan" McClatchie
<wmcclatc@primenet.com> seem to want privacy for themselves but at the same
time they also want to be able to identify their critics.  Strangely enough,
several of Gary's non-anonymous critics have reported harassment, forged
posts, spam-baiting, etc.  Probably just a "coincidence", right?

Which makes one wonder why Gary and Belinda wanted to get ahold of the logs
from the Huge Cajones Remailer which would have identified anyone who ever
sent or even received anonymous mail through that remailer.  Gary and Belinda
have consistently stonewalled that question.  My guess is that they were
counting on Jeff keeping that dirty little secret of theirs hidden.

Helena Kobrin and the Church of Scientology weren't able to bully that
information out of Jeff and neither were Gary, Belinda, and DataBasix, for
the simple reason that Jeff was smart enough not to collect it in the first
place!

Thread