1997-12-29 - Re: Abandonment of legal precedence… (fwd)

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Message Hash: fcfbfc28e9d7139474dd50a0654756bdd55dc3310809e16c84b9d949a7d593d7
Message ID: <199712291910.OAA21797@users.invweb.net>
Reply To: <199712291853.MAA03050@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-29 19:14:04 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:14:04 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:14:04 +0800
To: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Subject: Re: Abandonment of legal precedence... (fwd)

In <199712291853.MAA03050@einstein.ssz.com>, on 12/29/97
   at 12:53 PM, Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com> said:

> [...]

I don't know what you are smoking but I said nothing of the sort. You
implied that the break with England was for the purposes of overturning
the entire legal system and that English Common Law has no significance on
the current American legal system. I challenged this as it flies in the
face of fact and reality showing your complete ignorance of law and legal
history.

>In short, you would have us take it all - the good and the bad - and
>ignore our right to pick and choose what works for us?

>If we accept your view, blacks would still be slaves and women would
>still not be able to vote, and men couldn't vote unless they were landed.

Please, this is all irrelevant to the issue at hand. All legal systems
evolve, English Law of today is not word for word the same as it was 200
years ago this is not to say that it's foundations are not built upon it.

>Do me a favor, please don't try to lick my hand.

You seem to have your anatomy wrong, if anything it would be my foot and
your ass sir.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html