1998-01-22 - Re: Latest smartcard software

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 0e100a51011c69f5fd238ba4a41aacbe2b7aeda127465bc52136823ceb8d6a83
Message ID: <199801220604.BAA28541@users.invweb.net>
Reply To: <dc8a95a3add1ece5371ae8fb4a3c6036@squirrel>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-22 05:51:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:51:28 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:51:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re:  Latest smartcard software

In <dc8a95a3add1ece5371ae8fb4a3c6036@squirrel>, on 01/22/98
   at 03:53 AM, Secret Squirrel <anon@squirrel.owl.de> said:

>>They'll say hey, you've already surrendered your biometric number
>>during fingerprinting for driver's licenses.
>>
>>It will be too late.
>>
>>The high-tech American Leviathan will be in place.

>Sounds like Microsoft. No, really. I'm dead serious.

>Like it or not, people have to use Mickeysoft crap sooner or later. Want
>to read that document? Read that email? Run that program? Purchase things
>(software which runs)? It's garbage. I know it's garbage. Many of us here
> know it's garbage. But we have to use it anyway. Compare this to the
>smartcard as proposed like this:

>I know it's garbage. Many of us here know it's garbage. But we have to
>use it anyway. Want to read that document? Read that email? Access that
>computer system? Drive your car? Get in your house? Get through a toll
>booth? Enter or leave the country? Better make sure your papers are in
>order.

>The high-tech American Leviathan is already in place. The problem is that
>it'll just get worse because the sheeple are, by definition, naked,
>stupid, and blind.

This is, well what can I say but, BULL.

This is the typical line one gets from the sheeple, "I don't like MS but I
am *forced* to use it", or "I don't like Credit Cards but I can't live
without them".

Life sucks deal with it. You have two choices: either use it or don't but
quit your whining.

I will not use a dumbcard today, tomorrow, or ever (I have never owned a
CC).

The herd will always be the herd but if you follow along are you really
any different?

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

Tag-O-Matic: When DOS grows up it wants to be OS/2!

Thread