1998-01-18 - Re: diplomacy

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 7dca9adfc03e53e78e65fab5c6eee34e0bc6c444d467a42cbc0a3a8bdcaa70d5
Message ID: <199801182057.VAA18102@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <34C21266.142B@nmol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-18 21:02:12 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 05:02:12 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 05:02:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: diplomacy

bill payne wrote:

> I sure hope the following was diplomatic enough.
>
> NSA exhibited NO SENSE OF HUMOR when I pointed out
> 'deficiencies' in its crypto algorithm work.  But, too,
> the agrieve Islamic fundamentalists may not have too good
> senses of humor.

[...]

> Sampling at the 1 Khz rate revealed that Windows
> occasionally did its own thing as a result of a task
> switch and, therfore, interrupts were missed.

I find it highly amusing that NSA would design supposedly secure crypto
systems on completely insecure operating systems.  If NSA's computers can
be taken out just by sending a few packet fragments with bad offsets or
macro viruses, that's beyond 'deficiencies' it's utter incompetance...

Thread