1998-01-28 - Re: Planetary rovers, SETI and other musings, was Re: update.356(fwd)

Header Data

From: Steve Schear <schear@lvdi.net>
To: Eric Cordian <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 8dc225aa49ae6ff3fb0e1e531b4dfb507e5b45af18db59cb46ddaed8de519bf8
Message ID: <v03102803b0f490c22459@[208.129.55.202]>
Reply To: <v03102800b0f45774adc0@[208.129.55.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-28 07:46:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:46:14 +0800

Raw message

From: Steve Schear <schear@lvdi.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:46:14 +0800
To: Eric Cordian <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Planetary rovers, SETI and other musings, was Re: update.356(fwd)

>This was discovered when the first experiments to verify the
>Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky effect were done.  You need the results of
>measurements on the opposite end to decrypt the information at the end you
>are at.

I guess I'm over my head in such matters.  From my, admitedly, shallow
understanding of wave function collapse, etc., I was under the apparent
misimpression that once collapsed (e.g., by Alice entangling a 'modulation'
photon M (of a known polarization) with one member (photon A) of an
entangled pair, one of which was sent to Alice and the other (photon B)
which was sent to Bob, photon B's polarization state was determined and
could not subsequently be altered by Bob's measurement with his receiver.
Could you recommend a good article which explain this paradox to a
non-quantum mechanic?

--Steve

Thread