1998-01-11 - A further thought on free markets & anarchy…

Header Data

From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: 922ef324e3463ffc2aa4c1d881b10a7105ba0c4fca0b5c1e601c4b985986a2e2
Message ID: <199801110542.XAA16327@einstein.ssz.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:15:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:15:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: A further thought on free markets & anarchy...

Given that anarchist don't support a 'head' in regards to human activities
*and* that a free market monopolizes thus creating a 'head' it is clear
that if we apply the ideas of human society (ie political systems) to
economics we derive a fundamental conflict, that a anarchist in the economic
sphere is left with no choice but to agree that economic systems must be
managed and creates a 'head' either by plan or monopolistic fiat.

Therefore the original thesis that such political models are applicable to
economic ones is flawed. It simply is not possible for an economic system to
exhist without some sort of 'head' or guiding structure. This is
fundamentaly at odds with the definition and spirit of anarchy.

   |      Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make       |
   |      violent revolution inevitable.                                |
   |                                          John F. Kennedy           |
   |                                                 ravage@ssz.com     |