1998-01-17 - Re: I’m going to count to ten… etc

Header Data

From: The Sheriff <sheriff@speakeasy.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9390e5b08c77bc9f974e0e6de002a149b50a52fb5ad67ceccee08ea73cfb3952
Message ID: <l03020902b0e6352e15e7@[209.130.130.160]>
Reply To: <004b01bd22ce$7c76a6c0$ab8588d1@justice>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-17 19:02:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:02:19 +0800

Raw message

From: The Sheriff <sheriff@speakeasy.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:02:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: I'm going to count to ten... etc

>And the solution to the speeding-ticket-giving
>camera is, of course, camo paint jobs.  But
>you all knew that, right?

I've allways found myself in a rather precarious
position, when it comes to identifiable my car is.
When I frequent a location (coffee house, restaurant)
more than once, people suddenly recognize me because
of the artwork on my car -- a mural of an oriental
dragon painted on the driver's side, and a blue-n-
black phoenix-in-progress on the passanger side.

Obviously, this makes it easy for law enforcement
officers to identify me after clocking me.  I remem-
ber my first (and last, as far as I'M concerned)
police chase, when I was trying to catch up with a
pal who I had to meet, who I spotted heading south
while I was heading north on a particular superhighway.
A cop flew past going north after I turned around,
screamed through the midway, and flipped on his
lights.  I escaped, amazingly.

I don't want to paint my car camo, because even
though the murals were free (a la my adopted little
brother), they took time and hold sentimental value
(not to mention the fact that they turn a borning
commuter hotrod into something I don't have to use
the license plate to identify in a parking lot).  Is
there any other way to circumvent visual aquisition
and identification of my vechicle?

Besides a Klingon cloaking device, of course.

Best wishes and fresh-roasted peanut taste,
The Sheriff. -- ***<REPLY TO: sheriff@speakeasy.org>***
- ---
As kinky as it sounds, finger me to see my PGP key and
confirm the signature attached to this message.  Either
that, or head for pgp.ai.mit.edu on the WWW and search
for my e-mail address.
- ---
Any and all SPAM will be met with immediate prosecutory
efforts.  Solicitations are NOT welcome here!
- ---