1998-01-29 - Re: Can someone look this up? (fwd)

Header Data

From: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: a5fc03f8e009f7ad40de03ae4fe2351ec521b985ccf3d22d1dd2fd48a58d5084
Message ID: <199801290058.SAA10069@wire.insync.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.96.980128191623.2815J-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-29 01:01:59 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:01:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:01:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Can someone look this up? (fwd)

> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:48:14 -0500
> From: Salvatore Denaro <sal@panix.com>
> To: 'Ray Arachelian' <sunder@brainlink.com>
> Subject: Can someone look this up?

> Can someone on the list look this up?

> If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does
> Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations,
> implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S.
> citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their
> vehicles?

This legislation was passed in the Apollo era, and gave the government the
right to quarantine vehicles and personnel which had come in contact with
anything not of terrestrial origin.  It was aimed at writing into law a
legal right for NASA to engage in the type of isolation procedures done
after the first moon landing, and was not passed with UFOs in mind.

It's on the Web somewhere, but I don't recall the URL.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+