1998-02-16 - Re: bugged?

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: Ken Williams <jkwilli2@unity.ncsu.edu>
Message Hash: 0e9472d476e30f02cb039e0ca502b87a909d99b5689e35ba60d234cd7a3e45c4
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.980216031531.21411B-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.96.980216061644.7638A-100000@c00953-100lez.eos.ncsu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-16 22:30:30 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:30:30 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:30:30 -0800 (PST)
To: Ken Williams <jkwilli2@unity.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: bugged?

His ISP has probably switched to 56K-capable modems. This sounds like a
recognition tone (a low "brrrrp" sound).

He could try dialing another number from that phone to see if he gets the
tone, or calling the ISP from another location, such as a pay phone, if
he feels like experimenting.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that nobody's out to get you."

;)

-r.w.

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Ken Williams wrote:

> anybody have any ideas here?  this is a personal email forwarded to me
> from a friend who *might* have cause to believe he is bugged.  this is
> coming from a .au domain, btw.
>
> thanx,
>
> TATTOOMAN
>
> http://152.7.11.38/~tattooman