1998-02-21 - Re: On War, Legends, and Crypto (fwd)

Header Data

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 11d446742a015dc1c7eaa9c9c99f023cd736a02834e596afaa26e0cab5e7b16f
Message ID: <bfafa6c94b5ad933545a8c5eb1a87a11@anon.efga.org>
Reply To: <199802201934.NAA24685@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-21 03:29:23 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 11:29:23 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 11:29:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: On War, Legends, and Crypto (fwd)

> From the trainrobbers perspective this is certainly true. From the Sheriff's
> perspective it shows the futility of his job if his goal is to stop all
> crime.
>
> Are the Cypherpunks here to rob trains or to keep trains from being robbed?

I was suggesting that when finding oneself in a conflict with LEOs, it is
better to be in the position of a trainrobber hiding in a cave with a
backdoor, rather than in the position of someone getting bombed in their
house at Waco or Ruby Ridge.

You are always better off if you can show your opponent the futility of
his goal.

Thread