1998-02-10 - Re: Washington on the verge of being nuked?

Header Data

From: David Honig <honig@otc.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2443a2920651d0e5463581e1f621ca211c4e014b3370beb8845b8ebc45ebb9a4
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19980209174919.007b18a0@otc.net>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980209124816.0079ba20@otc.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-10 02:02:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:02:42 +0800

Raw message

From: David Honig <honig@otc.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:02:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Washington on the verge of being nuked?

At 06:34 PM 2/9/98 EST, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>One can "disrupt" the water supply by just making a credible assertion that
>it's been poisoned - but it won't kill nearly as many people as actual
>poison (or virus/bacteria).

Psychops?
That doesn't work when you have sufficient health-orgs and telecomm
to get the word out that the water's ok.

Actually, a lot of people drink bottled water here :-) but
the 10 million kilos of shit excreted by LA every day would
build up pretty fast.

Electric power is probably as vunerable as waterways, despite
conscious efforts to make the grid redundant.  Of course
both are controlled by computers, as uncle sam is realizing.
In LA, all it takes to create a looting riot is to cut electricity
to the city's alarm systems...

Major freeway intersections are closed down 2-3 times a year in LA
due to bomb threats, which are usually just threats -no bombs are found.
You can snarl the roads very easily at the right time of day, since
the roads' bandwidth is already exceeded and congestion persists after the
clog is removed.

At *least* once a month a major piece of freeway is shut down for
an hour or so for "police activity", one hears on traffic reports, often
around rush
hour.

Crypto relevance: traffic signals can be controlled by modem, a Civ-E
friend tells me.  They are built to be fail-safe (blinking red), but
ever seen  rush hour commuters deal with all blinking red?  Even tanks
can't get through a gridlocked city (a factor in Korean invasion planning).

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig@otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

		Lewinsky for President '2012

Thread