1998-02-18 - Re: bugged?

Header Data

From: Nightmare <alexm@smug.adelaide.edu.au>
To: jkwilli2@unity.ncsu.edu
Message Hash: 3927621557a2024b542fba217e1c03c365696f8bda12f640410118d2a12e0631
Message ID: <199802180534.QAA07609@mulder.smug.adelaide.edu.au>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.96.980216061644.7638A-100000@c00953-100lez.eos.ncsu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-18 05:38:47 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:38:47 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Nightmare <alexm@smug.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:38:47 -0800 (PST)
To: jkwilli2@unity.ncsu.edu
Subject: Re: bugged?

> anybody have any ideas here?  this is a personal email forwarded to me
> from a friend who *might* have cause to believe he is bugged.  this is
> coming from a .au domain, btw.
>
> thanx,
>
> TATTOOMAN
<snip>
> I got pgp 5.0. which will not work with your version. Upgrade man :-)
>
> Oh well I'll tell ya without pgp. It's not that much of a problem the
> question I wanted to ask you (well I hope it's not).
>
> Anyway, what I wanted to ask you is whether you might know why I'm getting
> a very DISTINCTIVE beep when I connect with my modem to my ISP. The
> beep(only once) comes just after the initial dialup and just before all the
> noise you get before the connection.
>
> Sounds wierd and it only started 2 days ago. I never heard a connection
> like this before and I'm wondering whether my phone line is being tapped.
>
> Any suggestions ??
>
> XXXXX
>
> P.S. Just in case my mail is being read by someone other than
> Tattooman..here's to you (_|_)

What have you been doing wrong??  :)

Anyway suggestions are;

1) You can use a voltage check , if you want, but there are ways around that..

Someone actually emailed the list a while back re overcoming this problem,
email me privately if you are still looking and ill dig up the schematics
for it for you. but you can use a modified power up system to maintain the
initial voltage level.

2) Or, have fun with the possibilty.

Get a good friend in with you, one you can trust, and one you can ring at
any hour..

It takes upto two weeks to transcribe a recorded phone conversation, unless
you are involved with drugs. which is the next part of the good time. talk about
drug dealing and arms trading , prostition etc, with your friend for the next 2-3
weeks. he can call you from a public phone.
then one night ring him up, in a mad panic, claiming that you just
caught somone trying to break into your house, and you clubbed him over
the head and killed him. then make plans for him to help you dispose of
the body and have a human shaped "thing" in a bag that you can then carry out
at night to his car..

If your phone is being taped you should have a police escort all ready to help
you load the car...

Time consuming but a sure thing  ;)
trust me...

The other option is using a reprogrammed mobile phone for just those kind of
conversations, but thats naughty....

or buying the optus card package, aus only, for about $70-00, which gives
you a simm card and sixty dollars worth of calls.. phone is not supplied.

hurry though, as the feds want these cards to be name registered, as they can
presently be bought with no ID.. great for those untraceable dealings...

Well thats about it without thinking.

If you need help , to tattooman's friend, email me privately.
from one OZ to another..

Seeya.

                     _/   "The meek shall inherit the Earth,
                  _/_/     But it is the strong and powerful who shall rule it"