1998-02-24 - Re: In todays CyberTimes–“European Study Paints a Chilling Portrai

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
Message Hash: 5c7447a6307c5e32c70a0efc13e8ac093adcd436834b187e2559521d2b95068f
Message ID: <199802241600.LAA14937@users.invweb.net>
Reply To: <199802241500.KAA14055@panix2.panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-24 15:27:09 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:27:09 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:27:09 -0800 (PST)
To: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
Subject: Re:  In todays CyberTimes--"European Study Paints a Chilling  Portrai

--Boundary..3989.1071713780.multipart/signed

In <199802241500.KAA14055@panix2.panix.com>, on 02/24/98
   at 10:00 AM, Information Security <guy@panix.com> said:

>   "The network, dubbed Echelon, is described in a new study
>    by the European Parliament titled

>       'An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control.'"

>It's high time Don Mclean (sic) or someone took the
>extensive documentation collected in the Cryptography
>Manifesto regarding this, which includes massive USA domestic spying, and
>started writing news stories about it, and
>get other news organizations interested in the questions
>raised. Questions to be put to Senators.

>Why?

>Because it is ECHELON, not pedophiles, not drug dealers,
>that is not only the hold-up for freely exportable
>software, but also for why the FBI has openly moved
>to regulate all domestic cryptography into oblivion.

>The story of massive spying is one "the American people"
>can understand. Cryptography is too distant.

>Go for it, someone, please.

The sheeple don't care.

The sheeple are well aware of the abuses of power by our government and
they don't care nor have they cared for a long time. So long as they have
a roof over their heads, cloths on their back, a color TV and their
microwave dinners they are willing to let the government do whatever they
want.

Where was the great outcry by the people when the government blatantly
covered up the assassination of JFK with the Warren Commission?

Where was the great outcry by the people with the numerous atrocities
committed by the FBI,CIA,BATF, ...?

Where was the great outcry by the people over the coverup of the murder of
Vince Foster?

Where was the great outcry by the people over the murder of innocent
children at Waco?

They just don't care and this report woun't be so much as a blip on the
radar screen. The Feds will just wrap this up in the cover of fighting the
four horsemen and it will be business as usual.

William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

Tag-O-Matic: Why look thru Windows? Open the door to the future: OS/2

--Boundary..3989.1071713780.multipart/signed

LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQR1AgTUVTU0FHRS0tLS0tClZlcnNpb246IDIuNi4zYS1z
aGExCkNvbW1lbnQ6IFJlZ2lzdGVyZWRfVXNlcl9FLVNlY3VyZV92MS4xYjFf
RVMwMDAwMDAKCmlRQ1ZBd1VBTlBMWkU0OUNvMW4rYUxoaEFRRS9aUVAvV3lX
aGtDbmRab1c0d3IwY2VZRnFubStkM210YnRhYSsKWVZSVm5TTHlRNEJzTU1s
RHR0dXJFSDlMeGd5T0IvQ2Rsc2pqZVZJUHI5aE5qWW1RbnNlK3ZIYWowLytR
cUE1NApnN29qNkFhcUpWVjQzbWYweDVnRTkzSnN2MkNkVEx4ZEFQb08xdlM2
L3FqNEpaUnVFSCtZUkxjUTk3aFB1NWdECkpCK1hRbExldng0PQo9bzNITgot
LS0tLUVORCBQR1AgTUVTU0FHRS0tLS0t
--Boundary..3989.1071713780.multipart/signed--

Thread