1998-02-06 - Re: FW: SEC Rule Announcement

Header Data

From: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 87ab4804f7c8f54c0702008348c20ab3f45e9412bb6ffc21c0674055e7f428cf
Message ID: <199802061953.OAA04651@panix2.panix.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 04:24:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 04:24:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: FW: SEC Rule Announcement

   >   From cypherpunks-errors@toad.com Fri Feb  6 14:41:14 1998
   >
   >   Peter is quite right that the interesting part is HOME computers. It's the
   >   Electronic Messaging Association, BTW. My article with comments from them,
   >   SEC, NASD, ACLU, etc. is at:
   >
   >      http://cgi.pathfinder.com/netly/opinion/0,1042,1731,00.html
   >
   >   The SEC may have approved a rule that violates federal law.
   >
   >   -Declan

It was quite unnecessary: all a company has to do is require
all company business email contact go through the company's systems,
even if home.

Furthermore, brokers send email during the work day - like the
list of AXEs they have for that day - and send it in the morning.

Home email directly to clients is basically non-existent.

----

Stange, how monitoring home email to third parties would be illegal,
but Deutsche Bank showing up at a random time to demand (and watch)
you give a urine sample is completely legal.
---guy

Thread