1998-02-08 - Re: Washington on the verge of being nuked?

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 952e96e002eae7088865bd259b373c918d5523883692d137ab783f8b864adda8
Message ID: <RB1Jke6w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <v03102802b1028867116f@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-08 00:25:21 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 08:25:21 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 08:25:21 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Washington on the verge of being nuked?

Tim May <tcmay@got.net> writes:
> Depends on what the goal is. I would assume Iraq would be a lot more
> interested in making a symbolically important statement by hitting the
> capital of the Great Satan (Tariq, help me out here).
>
> If the goal is simple disruption of finances, NYC is probably a better goal
> (though a hit on D.C. would trigger lots of chaos, too). If the goal is
> killing people, I'm not sure what the best target would be...it might be
> some other city completely, depending on wind conditions, presence of
> refineries and oil storage tanks, dams, etc.
>
> But I would bet on D.C. being Ground Zero for all the various freedom
> fighters the U.S. colonialist/paternalistic superpower actions have pissed
> off.

NYC is the seat of the United Nations.  It would make a good nuke target
during one of those UN events when a bunch of heads of state visit.

For an impact on the financial markets, nuke NYC and London at least.

NYC is also vulnerable to chemicals in the water system.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM