1998-03-20 - Re: Does Spamming Really Exist? / Re: Will New Sendmail Blo

Header Data

From: “Ross Wright” <rwright@adnetsol.com>
To: David Scheidt <david@infocom.com>
Message Hash: 2d5d933b70359ef73ced0d0676b0134cc270d31bbb2257746ef7428a110489af
Message ID: <199803202258.OAA09440@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:58:30 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Ross Wright" <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:58:30 -0800 (PST)
To: David Scheidt <david@infocom.com>
Subject: Re: Does Spamming Really Exist? / Re: Will New Sendmail Blo

David:

Blah blah blah, theft of services, blah, oh mr. government: please
deliver us from spam, blah, blah, blah.  TruthMonger wrote one on the
best pieces on spam, and you come up with the same old SHIT!  Just
because you repeat "theft of services" won't make it true.  Blah
blah, make spammers pay blah blah.  Shut up, and hit delete!  You
fucktard.

Spam is not crime, it is commerce!

On or About 20 Mar 98 at 17:06, David Scheidt wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, TruthMonger wrote:
>
> > Spamming is an 'imaginary' felony, as are anonymity and
> > encryption.
>
> Spamming is theft of services, sir.  I am forced to pay for a
> "service" that I did not request.  I, and everyone else, pays for
> spam either directly in connect time, or because my ISP wastes
> bandwidth handling the stuff.  I am not that much bothered by that
> it is advertising, or pure junk, but that I pay for it.
>
> > > To really beat spamming we probably need filters that only allow
> > > messages from inside our web of trust. Don't you agree?
>
> Make people bear the true cost of spam, and it will stop.

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://ross.adnetsol.com
Voice: (408) 259-2795

Thread