1998-03-15 - (no subject)

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6622492f6796e634192802947b641436c9fdcb70f63e7f7419c3e4dc2114a6ac
Message ID: <199803150339.EAA10507@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 19:39:34 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 19:39:34 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (no subject)

Information Security wrote:
>    >   > Guy --
>    >   > First you and Vulis flame each others, and then
>    >   > you start claiming that VZNuri's postings are really Vulis,
>    >   > and now you're claiming that postings from Toto's machines
>    >   > are really Vulis.  Perhaps *you're* really Vulis?
>    >
>    >     Bill Frantz is *really* Vulis.
>    >     Bill Stewart is *really* Toto.
>
> What are you trying to say?
>
> A point in every direction is like a point in no direction at all?

Sometime ago there was a post to the list which made more sense than
all of the other finger-pointing posts, combined, which have proclaimed
this-or-that entity to be a tentacle/testicle of one or another of the
list members.
The post was by someone claiming to be the "only" real member of the
cypherpunks list. It told how he had, being a lonely loser whom no one
would communicate with, started the cypherpunks mailing list and posted
to it under several personas, hoping to generate interest and have other
people join the list. It seems that his efforts began to escalate and
take on a life of their own, and he eventually had developed all of the
personas that currently existed on the list, and that no one else had
ever actually joined the list, at all.

"In reality, we talk only to ourselves, but sometimes we talk loud
 enough that others may hear us."
        Kahil Gibran, The Prophet

2-2

Thread