1998-03-11 - Re: BATFC – Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Cryptography

Header Data

From: “Brian B. Riley” <brianbr@together.net>
To: “John Young” <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 9ac8bf71430b8ebed5b6b60390ec45e1e7a97580a7e1ea0b657f45d56fcc5839
Message ID: <199803110503.AAA22078@mx02.together.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:04:01 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Brian B. Riley" <brianbr@together.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:04:01 -0800 (PST)
To: "John Young" <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: BATFC -- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and   Cryptography

On 3/10/98 10:45 PM, John Young (jya@pipeline.com)  passed this wisdom:

>Brian Riley wrote:
>>On 3/10/98 7:22 AM, John Young (jya@pipeline.com)  passed this wisdom:
>
>> John, would you really refer to Janet Reno as a 'charming weirdo'???? I
>>can think of lost of names, epithets, and descriptions, but that surely
>>would be far down my list.
>
>Brian, that post was a feeble one-time attempt to write straight prose,
>uninflected, unaccusatory, undiabolical, un-nuts, un-understandable.
>
>It took days of agony to arrive at empty perfection, to say nothing with
>crystal clear aplomb, foreign policy piquant, transparent balderdash
>cover-up of bald-face lies delivered deadpan grammatically.
>
>I been studying James Rubin's disarmingly weird repartee at the State
>Department press conferences. Today he asked a reporter to define
>"who's got the con"  for foreign policy. (Laughter, the transcript hooted.)
>
>"Charming weirdo" is the Secretary of State's and Rubin's demonic
>auto-epithet for her, emulating homicidal Maggie Thatcher hiding her
>demure will to slaughter.
>
>Swear to god this is the last time I'll try to ape well-mannered civil
>discourse. You got the con: It's too sicko wacko. Back to incoherent
>snarl of ignorant brutes chewing leg off for freedom.

ROFLAAMAIBGFOT37thFOAOBDTADW:  rollin on floor laffing almost as
much as if Bill Gates fell out the 37th floor of an office building due
to a defective window.

Thread