1998-04-28 - Re: NASA ‘educating’ scientists to restrict free speech.

Header Data

From: x <x@x.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4d94fcb71a7d03d0670997b9cb4b0e4a9fddd50ddaf47f4fa8b5f5a42e4f859c
Message ID: <3.0.32.19691231160000.0072bbf4@shell15.ba.best.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: x <x@x.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: NASA 'educating' scientists to restrict free speech.

Thank you - chilling.  Anyone have specifics on the "legislation"? and
regulations, especially concerning "potential use as a weapon of ...
international business advantage?"

At 08:15 AM 4/28/98 -0700, Chris L. Kuszmaul wrote:

>  Hi, my name is Chris Kuszmaul. I am a contractor at NASA
>Ames research center. I feel it would be valuable for the general
>scientific community to be aware of some upcoming classes
>designed to educate scientists here regarding what they may and
>may not write on the internet, or any public forum.
>NASA has begun responding to recent new legislation and regulations
>regarding the export of information or material with potential use as a
>weapon of mass destruction or international business competitiveness
>advantage. All personnel creating information, equipment or material
>falling within this category are now responsible to control its transfer

Thread