1998-04-28 - Re: LA DA’s illegal wiretaps revealed —LA Times

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: David Honig <honig@alum.mit.edu>
Message Hash: 558c175b20c487383f7b98691b3a39fc123f509482ee11cf5aae64e56f9c59a2
Message ID: <3545DDD8.1865@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980427094006.007bcb60@otc.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-04-28 22:57:07 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:57:07 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
To: David Honig <honig@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: LA DA's illegal wiretaps revealed ---LA Times

David Honig wrote:
> [excerpt]
> in the wake of the discovery that
> deputy district attorneys assigned to its narcotics unit have relied on
> secret wiretaps for years to gather evidence against their
> clients--and no one, including judges, knew about the practice.

The same thing occurs in my hometown of 10,000 people. When the
local cops get caught performing criminal actions, the city buys
their way out of a lawsuit, with a non-disclosure agreement being
signed, and the illegal activity continues, as before.
No one knows? Bullshit. Even the local barhounds know. Don't tell
me the judges and prosecuters are clueless.

There are criminals with guns and badges, and criminals without
guns and badges.
I am in favor of the government exercising their power to enforce
the death penalty. I am equally in favor of the individual citizen
doing the same.

TRIN

Thread