1998-04-14 - Amusing takeoff of Zimmermann Telegram

Header Data

From: Philip Zimmermann <prz@pgp.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 764f29d282c60acd6dbec9ac0faf302be5e4ed4eb57920f64523cf86ad1cdcd2
Message ID: <v03007801b158948637ee@[204.179.136.185]>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Philip Zimmermann <prz@pgp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:30:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Amusing takeoff of Zimmermann Telegram

I thought this was a pretty funny takeoff of the famous Zimmermann
Telegram.  Apparently this was already sent to the cypherpunks list,
but I just thought that since it made me laugh out loud, maybe I could
laugh out loud on the list.  :-D   --prz

>Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:03:22 -0600
>From: The Arthur <ta@dev.null>
>To: cypherpunks@toad.com
>CC: Alexander Szek <as@dev.null>, Nigel de Gray <ndg@dev.null>,
>        Reverend William Mongomery <rwm@dev.null>
>Subject: Pretty Lousy Privacy PasSword--'cyherpunks' / Norman encryption
>
>***
>*** PGP Signature Status: not verified (signing key missing)
>*** Signer: 0x53F2F291
>*** Signed: N/A at N/A
>*** Verified: 4/13/98 at 21:20
>***
>
>Bienfait to Toad:

Most private for PRZ's personal information and to be handed to the

Eternal Iminister in (?) England with...by a pretty private route.

  We propose to begin on the 19 April an unrestricted subliminal

InfoWar fair.

  We shall endeavour, in spite of this, to keep MeatSpace neutral.

In the event of this not succeeding we shall make Austin a proposal

of alliance on the following basis; make InfoWar together, smoke the

peace piple together, generous bandwidth support, and an understanding

that Austin is to reconquer their lost territory in Freedom, Liberty

and Privacy. The settlement in detail is left to you.

  You will inform the Webmaster, that is Webmaster Choate of Austin,

of the above most privately as soon as the outbreak of war with

MeatSpace is certain, and add the suggestion that he should on his

own initiative invite 2600 to immediate adherence and at the same

time mediate between 2600 and ourselves.

  Please call the WebMaster's attention to the fact that the ruthless

employment of our sublimarines offers the prospect of compelling

BeaverSpace to peace.

Acknowledge receipt with two-word reply...

The Arthur

Thread