1998-04-08 - RE: [PGP-USERS-4748]: Legality in Canada

Header Data

From: Your Yashy <nmarion@chat.carleton.ca>
To: “H. M.” <homega@vlc.servicom.es>
Message Hash: 836a0923e507ab404ad9326552a9476edf91e84117ec14ce509acd395e2c6e46
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.96.980408050939.11203A-100000@prince>
Reply To: <002b01bd6261$02cd4a40$c0026ac2@menezo>
UTC Datetime: 1998-04-08 09:22:01 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 02:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Your Yashy <nmarion@chat.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 02:22:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: "H. M." <homega@vlc.servicom.es>
Subject: RE: [PGP-USERS-4748]: Legality in Canada

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, H. M. wrote:

> >I think you should perhaps read a little more maboy...
>
> I know I should, and I do.  Never claimed to be a guru or else, did I?  I
> just said what I knew, ie. gave my opinion (even if I am a newbie), which is
> something you obviously don't like.  Perhaps you didn't read (sic) that I
> kept using "I think", "I believe", "I guess", etc. instead of "I STATE".
Perhaps you didn't read the 411 for the PGP-Mailing-List. I don't recall
it saying "Ask unrelated questions if your a newbie." IMO anyone
interested in "2600" groups can find 411 all over the www.
also there are alt.2600 newsgroups, as well as other places. I personally
wouldn't even mind if you kept it off the list and asked if I knew what
2600 is, but trying to "teach" ppl what you "think" 2600 is.. has no place
on this mailing list.

> >...with any "group" nowadays, there is a FAQ avaliable for
> >newbies etc (obviously like yourself).
> ... others just know ever since... never were newbies, hey?
You don't know how to read?

> >They are not "supposedly hackers and phreakers". Aso the
> >debatable issure of exact translation of a hacker, IMO it
> >is anyone that has altered ANY program.
> The issue of exact translation should be, perhaps, discussed on a grammar,
> language, or else mailing list if it is to start a flame.
I have no interest in starting a flame, you have embarrased yourself well
enough.

> >p.s. If it wasn't for hackers, you wouldn't have the
> >technology you have.
> If it wasn't for you... am I in front of a top developer or similar?  Sorry,
If I simply wrote the 2600 faq (which I didnt) it would have bettered
society, because idiots would have an idea what it is.

> I didn't notice, all I can see is a squared 14'' screen.
Well, obviously you stumbled upon a keyboard as well, prematurely perhaps.

> >OH what you've read on the beloved www. I'd imagine you
> >read an article on a webpage full of sex ad banners as
> >well. I don't feel that I am an "outlawed hero" but I feel
> >I better society in various ways.
> You see, you just imagine (as I "guessed, believed,..."), and that's a good
> thing (even imagining with a sick mind...
> sex add banners?).  As for bettering society... how? trying to scare people
> away so that you are THE ONE with the know-how?
I'm not trying to "scare you away". (you'd know if I was "trying").

> >As I've already said, you have alot more reading to do.
> I'm sure if we ever get to meet each other, you'll teach me a lot and
> perhaps lighten me... meanwhile, I'll just try to learn away from those like
> you, I'll leave psycotic tales for others, if you don't mind me to.
I'll help you with anything I can, off-list. In the meantime, read.

> I never said or stated hackers or the like are to be prosecuted or else,
> never tried to raise a moral nor
> ethical argument about, I just posed a question on (personal) security.
Pretending you have an idea on what 2600 is not related to security.
(Although the 2600 group irnoically does).

> Most of all I DID NOT try to raise a flame by annoying anyone.  If you are
> up to it, or if you believe you are Robin Hood (or Rob Hack for this
> matter), I don't give a monkey about it, just visit your psychiatrist, or
> talk to a priest/ess if you have a religion, or wait for the green people to
> come fetch you up.  As I've just said, I won't get involved on a flame with
> you, so don't bother to answer, I won't do it at all.
Perhaps if you reply off-list or try stop trying to pull your head out of
toilet, I'll leave you alone.

> I apologize to others on this list for this, but I felt I had to answer once
as all newbies do.

> (no more, promised).
promise?

> H. Menezo Ganau
> homega@vlc.servicom.es
> homega@latinmail.com
>

> DH/DSS  (1024/1024)
> Key ID:  0x614DB9FA
>
> RSA (2048)
> Key ID:  0x160B1B5B

- -shareware email coutesy of yashy- -send $10 cdn funds if you read it-
email@reply     irc@ircnet #italy     icq@4497826    pgpID@ 0xD0186E85
pubring@www.chat.carleton.ca/~nmarion   home@ottawa canada   sleep@7am

Thread