1998-04-04 - Re: V-Chip Reruns…

Header Data

From: “Toto” <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: “Bill Stewart” <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: ca55f3387f052f7a36e8d97e5083274ed57e165284ad4ad2f8f69a9f890e7806
Message ID: <003001bd5fca$5c72c5a0$1163a58e@uymfdlvk>
Raw Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 03:07:47 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Toto" <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 03:07:47 -0800 (PST)
To: "Bill Stewart" <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: V-Chip Reruns...

A member of the Clinton/Gates ratpack wrote:

:While this was a parody, I did recently see a TV news segment
:discussing ratings regulations on TV and the Internet.
:They interviewed one parent who was quite concerned -
:her daughter had her own TV in her bedroom, and there
:was no way to know what she might be watching, what with
:cable tv carrying all sorts of things.....

Sounds like we need some federal, state, county, municipal and local
legislation passed in regard to these concerns.
I think it should involve felony convictions for both the parent and the
child.

When criminal records are outlawed, only outlaws will have criminal
records...I think...

~~~~
Toto  <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
~~~~
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"
http://www.clas.net/~dave/public/xenix

"WebWorld & the Mythical Circle of Eunuchs"
http://www.clas.net/~dave/public/webworld

"InfoWar -- The Digital Revolution"
http://www.clas.net/~dave/public/infowar3

"Space Aliens Hide My Drugs"