1998-04-15 - Re: Gary L. Burnore, Registered Sex Offender in Raleigh, NC

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: KTEHCorporate@kteh.pbs.org
Message Hash: ccbd1be7d6838991cbcb884eb0c488e203e5b3245980fe6f752f5dd3accfb073
Message ID: <199804151909.VAA11531@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <6gfuqv$82u$3@pinta.pagesz.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-04-15 19:10:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:10:17 -0700 (PDT)
To: KTEHCorporate@kteh.pbs.org
Subject: Re: Gary L. Burnore, Registered Sex Offender in Raleigh, NC

beep@ix.netcom.com (Pamela Gross) wrote:

> >You're conveniently omitting a few details.  He's not just "accused", but
> >he was CONVICTED.  His right to privacy went away when he committed a crime
> >and was PUBLICLY tried and convicted by a court in Santa Clara, CA.  That
> >conviction is a public record, just like Ron Guilmette's tax lien that
>
> Is this who you are?
>
> What exactly is a tax lien?  Why did Gary post yours?  Were you having
> a fight of some kind?

Actually Gary Burnore's original beef was with an anonymous whistleblower
who notified the victim's mother and school officials of Gary's pedophelia
before he was ever arrested for it.  (How would a mere troublemaker out to
allegedly "harass" poor Gary have even known about Gary's sexual exploits
before they became public?  And how would he/she have known the identity of
the victim which is still non-public information?)  Back then he was
accusing the poster of "libelling" him and "harassing" the victim.  The
situation only became public when Gary chose to publicly accuse an
anonymous usenet poster of being the same person who had sent the private
e-mails which tipped off the victim's mother and high school principal.

Unable to track down the whistleblower and subject him/her to the typical
DataBasix sort of harassment, he attacked the remailer that was being used,
instead.  See:

  http://infinity.nus.edu.sg/cypherpunks/dir.97.11.13-97.11.19/msg00432.html

And, yes, one of Gary's forms of harassment against another person was to
dig up a 10 year old tax lien on the individual and post it to usenet in an
attempt to embarass him and intimidate him into silence with the threat
"there more where that came from".  See:

  http://infinity.nus.edu.sg/cypherpunks/dir.97.11.13-97.11.19/msg00424.html

When the victim's mother evicted Gary Burnore from her home and eventually
advertised for a new roomate in the ba.market.housing NG back on 5/8/97,
someone made a followup remark on 6/5/97 which said:

  "XXXXX finally booted her pedophile boyfriend, Gary L. Burnore, out of the
   house!  Last I heard, he was high tailing it for Raleigh, NC."

Note that this was well before Gary ever registered as a sex offender in
NC.  Gary, never able to able to leave well enough alone, just had to
follow up on the post, even though he has wisely chosen to have DejaNews
delete his reply.  I'm wondering if Gary is worried that someone will
expose the fact that his girlfriend with whom he was living and sleeping
and whose daughter he molested was also a high-ranking official at a public
television station which did business with Gary L.  Burnore's company
DataBasix.  Was that conflict of interest ever disclosed?

And since this is the same Gary Lee Burnore who used to confidently declare
"I have nothing to hide", I guess it was assumed he wouldn't mind if the
truth about him and his sexual quirks were revealed using publicly-available
records posted on a public website by the state of North Carolina.

And, no, I'm not any of the individuals named above.

Careful, Gary.  False accusations of libel might just motivate some people
to prove that the allegedly libellous statement were, in fact, true.  You
apparently bluffed and lost.

Thread