1998-04-17 - Re: Quebecois: CSE not spying on you (NSA does that, we trade..)

Header Data

From: Bubba ROM DOS <brd@dev.null>
To: David Honig <honig@alum.mit.edu>
Message Hash: e31aa52e0db5c1f24f130100eb69744049635d35366fe0d396526afb23c0e378
Message ID: <3537A634.1764@dev.null>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980417101801.007b9710@otc.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-04-17 19:28:22 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:28:22 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bubba ROM DOS <brd@dev.null>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: David Honig <honig@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Quebecois: CSE not spying on you (NSA does that, we trade..)

David Honig wrote:

> Full story at
> http://www2.thestar.com/thestar/back_issues/ED19980406/news/980406NEW01d_NA-
> SPY6.html
>
> OTTAWA - Canada's ultra-secret spy agency is not eavesdropping on the
> private conversations of Canadian citizens, Quebec's former chief justice
> says. <P>

"The policy of the Intelligence Directorate of the CIA to provide Canada
with finished analyses costing millions of dollars--even though that got
little or no information in return--was generous, but it was based on
enlightened self-interest as much as anything.
"The theory was that if Canada had the same information as the United
States, it would adopt similar policies.
"That's precisely what happened and Canada remained a firm ally, causing
little or no trouble or concern for the United States."

~ 'Men In The Shadows / The RCMP Security Service' by John Sawatsky

Can you say 'Bum-Buddies'? Sure you can...

Thread