1998-04-28 - Re: ID’s

Header Data

From: “Paul H. Merrill” <paulmerrill@acm.org>
To: tm@replay.com
Message Hash: ef16707a575835136123ca51121126a38907c57faba7b5c9757c9aadde7dbc9f
Message ID: <35454EF6.91A42838@acm.org>
Reply To: <3544B67B.20DF@replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-04-28 00:37:21 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "Paul H. Merrill" <paulmerrill@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: tm@replay.com
Subject: Re: ID's

It is never entirely safe nor fittin' to attribute the words put in a
characters mouth by an author to the author.  Lazarus Long, the
character in question, while having many fine qualities, was not the
type of person who could be depended upon to tven follow his own
judgement nor one that could be trusted anyfurther than you could throw
Him.

But in this case, I do believe that it did reflect RAH's views quite
well.

PHM

TruthMonger wrote:

> "When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is
> not far away. It is time to go elsewhere."
> ~ Robert Heinlein

Thread